Account Representative / Customer Service Representative
Organically Grown Company (OGC), the Northwest’s largest independent distributor of fresh, organic produce, is hiring either a Customer Service Representative or an Account Representative to join our incredible Sales team. If you have commercial produce and sales or customer service experience, we want you to meet you!
Join our team to earn:
- Pay: $21.50 - $27.50 per hour (Customer Service Rep)
- Pay: $54K – 69K annual salary (Account Rep)
- Comprehensive and generous healthcare benefits for you and your family on the first of the month following 30 days of employment
- Paid time off & Paid holidays
- 401(k) with employer match
- Annual Profit Share
- Discount on organic produce
Here’s what you’ll do as a Customer Service Rep:
- Processes account orders via phone, email and B2B online platforms. Plans and organizes a daily work schedule to service existing customers.
- Assists Account Representatives and other sales team members in serving accounts.
- Processes credit requests, determines reason for loss, and informs Account Representative, Buyers and Quality Team of quality issues.
- Maintains a basic understanding of OGC’s products, quality, pack, promotions, substitutions, pricing, and services.
- Ensures all orders are accurately documented and entered into the computer system.
- Communicates service issues to Account Representatives and other departments as needed. Supports in resolution of issues.
Qualified Customer Service Rep candidates will have:
- 2+ years’ experience in a customer service focused role.
- 1 year of commercial produce experience preferred.
- Basic working knowledge of produce varieties, regions, and seasons.
- Familiarity with project management or project supporting functions.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Excellent client management and business literacy skills, including interpretation of basic financial data.
- Basic conflict management and negotiation skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organization skills.
- Ability to develop strong relationships to gain support and achieve results.
- Ability to listen and identify client needs and inform Account Representative or Sales Manager of potential improvements.
Here’s what you’ll do as an Account Rep:
- Is a key relationship manager on medium to large accounts, which may include setting custom pricing and writing promotions.
- Works closely with the sales planning and purchasing functions to keep an effective and timely flow of communication about account needs and product availability.
- Maintains or increases sales volumes by providing accounts with personalized service. Assists in developing new business by identifying new contacts and providing reporting information on potential accounts.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of OGC’s products, quality, pack, promotions, substitutions, pricing and services to be able to match products to account needs and increase sales volume.
- Negotiates products and pricing with accounts based on margin goals. Successfully sets ads with accounts and purchasing team.
- Manages order accuracy. Solves service problems, tracks order/delivery errors, calls on accounts to resolve issues and follows up on special orders.
- Maintains a working knowledge and direction of OGC inventory. Keeps Buyers informed of account requests, trends and projected volume.
- Provides basic account reporting, data, and analysis related to account business reviews; Makes regular store level visits to assigned accounts to assess customer satisfaction with price, products and service.
- Processes credit requests, determines reason for loss, and informs Buyers and QA team of quality issues.
- Is a key partner for in-store programs; including assisting with in-store samplings, store staff training, setting up displays & merchandizing. Is a hands-on resource for new store layouts, restructures, and openings.
- Frequently inspects and tastes produce in stock to stay current on quality, pack and other conditions. Makes occasional visits to OGC’s farm suppliers.
Qualified Account Rep candidates will have:
- 4+ years’ of proven experience in sales or customer service. A combination of sales, commercial produce experience and customer service strongly desired.
- Experience with fresh produce varieties, organic trade, growing practices, sustainability movement and produce merchandising.
- Proven skills and/or experience in the following areas: increasing sales volume for assigned accounts; negotiating volume or pricing agreements with clients; and completing business documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and listening skills.
- Ability to build long-lasting and meaningful relationships with stakeholder groups.
- Analytical skills and ability to work with large data sets.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Ability to problem solve and manage multiple conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office and ability to learn other systems.
This position requires the ability to sit, hear, and converse over the telephone in person and on a computer. Requires the ability to receive and disseminate information to maintain and enhance relationships accurately. Requires ability to travel and occasional overnight travel. Standing, stooping, and bending required. Ability to meet the above description of position with or without reasonable accommodation.
OGC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
At Organically Grown Company (OGC), we are not only proud to an Equal Employment Opportunity --- we celebrate and thrive on the benefit our diverse workforce brings to our employees, customers, and community. OGC encourages individual differences and makes all employment decision based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, religion or belief, color, national origin, gender identity, LGBT/ sexual orientation, veteran’s status, physical, mental or sensory disability, age, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status or any other applicable characteristics that makes you YOU! OGC will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. OGC also considers qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.