Machine Operator I Sewing (Dallas)
Capitol Ave, Dallas, TX 75204, USA
Working at Envision means having a job that’s more than just a way to make money. It's a job that makes a difference.
We offer team members:
- Careers with purpose
- Teamwork environment
- Amazing 401K Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA Plans
- 10 Paid Holidays
- PTO & Vacation
A Machine Operator I will cut, assemble, and/or sew pieces or small parts to a component or finished product. The Machine Operator I is also responsible for the safe and efficient operation of a machine that produces sewn products according to specifications, quality standards, and production goals in a manufacturing environment. The Machine Operator I may also need to assemble using a Pot Devin or ODM table.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
- Operate On Demand Machine case making system including slit and stamp machines Paperbased
- Operate Pot Devin glue spreader Paperbased
- Hand Cutting operator Sewing
- Gerber Cutting – set-up Sewing
- Single needle – Set Sleeves/ Curved seams Sewing
- Operate binding machine without aides Sewing
- Set Zipper Sewing
- Perform minor machine adjustments, as needed
- Follow and comprehend work orders and spec sheets related to operation of machine
- Place scrap into appropriate containers and document, as needed
- Assist with sewing machine set up
- Assist with training of legally blind individuals for remedial purposes or for new projects
- Assist with recommendations for machine and related equipment modifications and/or assistive technology devices
- Works in accordance with company quality and safety standards
- Flexibility to perform other duties as assigned
- Work under general supervision
JOB REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent preferred
Experience: Previous work experience required. Exposure to manufacturing environment preferred.
- Basic math skills.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and management.
- Possess a positive work attitude and a willingness to carry out instructions.
- Ability to express and share knowledge and ideas in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task.
Total Number of Employees Directly Supervising: 0
Number of Subordinate Supervisors Reporting to Position: 0
VISION REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE (check one)
Can be performed with or without assistive technology:
X Required to perform activities such as: preparing/analyzing data/figures; viewing a computer screen; reading; inspecting small objects for defects; using measuring devices; and/or assembling parts with close eye contact.
X Required to perform activities such as: operating machinery and/or power tools at or within arm’s reach; performing non-repetitive tasks such as carpentry work or repairing machinery.
X Required to review/inspect own assigned work, the work of others, or facilities or structures.
Requires normal (or corrected to normal) vision/acuity:
Required to operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment such as forklifts.
Envision, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without illegal discrimination because of race, color, sex, age, gender identity, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristics and genetic information, and any other status protected by law.
Envision employs and advances in employment individuals with disabilities and veterans, and treats qualified individuals without discrimination on the basis of their physical or mental disability or veteran status.
Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position description is intended to convey generally the duties of this job. It is not an all-inclusive listing of duties, and it is not a contract, expressed or implied.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee must (check one frequency for each task):
Reach above shoulders
Employee must use hands for repetitive action such as (please check all):
WORKING CONDITIONS INCLUDE
In an average workday, employee is exposed to (check one frequency for each task):
General shop or store conditions
General office environment
Humid, extreme hot/cold temps (non-weather)
Outdoor weather conditions
Fumes or airborne particles
Moving, mechanical parts
Loud noise intensity levels
Risk of electrical shock
Travel for job