Senior Director of Human Resources and Compliance
The Opportunity for Impact
The Senior Director of Human Resources and Compliance is a critical leader in our company with a wide-ranging opportunity to enhance and drive a culture of mutual service excellence for both the older adults we serve in our rapidly growing faith-based ministry and the team members who serve them. We strive for a climate of joy and wellness for all members our community. A creative, disciplined, and willing/able leader who enjoys creating preeminent teams and services to achieve results that separate good companies from great companies will thrive here. We are willing and able to provide good software tools and pay great talent appropriately so that leader can leave each day with the knowledge their talent and drive made a positive difference in the lives of others.
The Sr. Director of Human Resources and Compliance reports to the Chief Executive Officer, and indirectly to the Executive Director and VP of Campus Operations. The leader will be a key partner providing counsel, advice, and support to Executive Team members. The leader will work with colleagues more as a partner than police, and will create an environment in which compliance needs are met/ monitored in a way for authority to be used as necessary.
- Partner and equip managers and team members throughout the family of companies served to ensure that our policies, processes and procedures deliver preeminent results and are functioning properly. Where appropriate, advise on changes and how to implement processes and change team members by provide training, tools, and techniques to achieve sustainable quality results through others.
- Partner with managers and team members throughout the community to ensure that the process and procedures applied to project delivery are functioning properly. Advise on changes and how to implement them and provide training, tools and techniques to enable others to achieve quality standards.
- Partners with functional leaders across the community to develop and lead an effective Human Resources Team and Human Resources Operations.
- Develops and oversees implementation of Human Resources related policies and programs that reflect the mission and values of the community, meet the needs of the organization, and are in compliance with the requirements of the government and senior leaders.
- Ensures employee engagement and satisfaction are measured to ascertain success of programs.
- Advises senior management on latest trends, developments, and legal requirements affecting employees and the community.
- Ensuring the project specific process, procedures and work instructions are documented, controlled and communicated effectively.
- Monitors employee related procedures throughout the community to assure consistent quality in hiring, orientation, training, and application of policies.
- Reviews all benefit and wage programs, working with consultants as needed, to maintain current and competitive programming that attracts and retains quality team members while remaining affordable to the community.
- Analysis of the effectiveness of all human resources efforts both financially and in terms of whether they produced the company's needed objectives and outcomes.
- Oversees development, implementation and evaluation of management and leadership development programs to strengthen skills of leaders to meet the current and future needs of the community.
- Prepares and manages comprehensive Human Resources capital and operations budgets to ensure financial resources are available to support agreed upon Human Resources programs.
- Serves as liaison to Board of Trustees on executive compensation and benefits matters.
- Consults with legal counsel and external consultants as needed.
- Ensures effective and efficient Human Resources information systems support the goals and objectives of the community and committed to learning/understanding the software well enough to leverage its full potential.
- Oversee employment law compliance and compliance to regulatory concerns.
- Excellent written communication skills with the ability to prepare reports, presentations, and project documents.
- Excellent organizational skills with a proven ability to deliver sustainable results/processes directly and through others without excessive supervision from the leader’s own leaders.
- Strong interpersonal, management, and leadership skills.
- Conflict resolution, problem solving, and mediation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrated flexibility, perseverance, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to align Human Resources and quality initiatives to the community objectives.
- Demonstrated excellence in public speaking and presentation skills.
- Strong operational and managerial focus.
- Reports to the President and Chief Executive Officer
- Reports indirectly (jointly) to the VP of Campus Operations.
- Leads the Human Resources Department
What makes Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay unique?
Founded in 1982, Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is a faith based, not-for-profit, Life Plan Continuing Care Community to serve older adults of all beliefs, their families and the broader community.
Our waterfront community, located on the southern shore of Chesapeake Bay in Virginia Beach, in a beautiful, resort-like setting, provides innovative and comprehensive services designed to offer independent living, assisted living, and nursing care solutions.
Our employees, residents and guests carry out our mission daily: Creating community to foster joy and well-being. We maintain a close and friendly culture for our staff and residents by adhering to our Values of achieving excellence by giving and expecting:
RESPECT for each Person.
PASSION for what we do.
PROFESSIONALISM in all we do.
Westminster-Canterbury on Chesapeake Bay is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability or veteran status. Candidates are screened, in accordance with the Code of Virginia, with the State Police criminal background check including sex offender crimes. All new hires are subject to a Pre-Employment Drug Screen and receiving the flu shot.
DAY ONE BENEFITS FOR ALL FULL-TIME HIRES!
- Dental Insurance
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Medical Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Retirement Plan with Employer Match
- Scholarship Program for Employees/Family Members
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Six (6) Paid Holidays
- Team Member Discounts
- Same Day Pay-Get early pay access through UKG and get paid without waiting for your paycheck!