Senior Financial Analyst
Who We Are
Johns Manville is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial roofing, along with glass fibers and nonwovens for commercial, industrial and residential applications. Our products are used in a wide variety of industries including building products, aerospace, automotive and transportation, filtration, commercial interiors, waterproofing and wind energy.
A proud member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies, we serve customers in more than 80 countries around the globe. We are committed to delivering positive and powerful experiences, because we are successful only when our employees and customers thrive. We are passionate, we care about people, we perform at a superior level, and we protect others and our environments.
Pay Range$79,400.00-$109,100.00 Annual
This is the base salary pay range that an applicant can expect to make upon hire. Pay within this range will vary based upon relevant experience, skills, and education among other factors. In addition, this position is eligible for an incentive bonus.
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for providing cost accounting support to multiple Roofing Systems manufacturing facilities, developing and implementing consistent, streamlined financial process and procedures across the roofing system product platform, and completion of comprehensive financial analysis including bench marking plants, analyzing strategic capital asset projects, deep diving operational performance, and platform cost take out initiatives.
This position will be a hybrid role. 1-2 days remote depending on the needs of the business.
- Full financial support for plant management
- Detailed project capital and expense tracking (for remainder of plant build project)
- Position will evolve to multi-plant responsibility
- Review, analyze, and approve all project and facility maintenance spend
- Preparation of monthly forecasting (remainder of year forecast) and annual operating plan
- Month-end and Year-end close activities
- Assist in development of plant BOMs, routings, and standards
- Drive development of plant financial operating plan
- Preparation and analysis of month-end reports and project update (for remainder of plant build project)
- Works closely with the BPS/IT team to help resolve system issues and assist with integrated plant set-up in SAP
- Reconciliation of related general ledger accounts
- Actively create and improve financial processes and procedures for the project and ultimately for plant operations
- Ability to perform financial and strategic analysis to enable accurate business
- decisions and/or investments
- Help to identify and drive cost reduction and working capital opportunities
- Involvement in plant/project procurement
- Additional assignments as needed
What You Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting and a minimum of 7 years finance/accounting experience with 2 years of cost accounting and/or accounting experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated leadership capability
- Demonstrated analytical ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Process focused
- Computer proficiency
- Experience with SAP or ERP systems a plus
- Experience with budgeting and forecasting
- Experience with Month-end and year-end close activities
- Moderate travel required (0 - 10) days per year
- Work environment is typical of an office setting
Please Keep in Mind
If you do not meet 100% of these requirements, we at JM still want to hear from you. So, if you are interested in the role, we encourage you to apply so we can learn how your skills and talents can contribute to our team.
Johns Manville (JM) offers a wide range of benefits to employees. Some are subsidized by the company and others are fully employee-paid. Health benefits include a choice of comprehensive medical plans, a dental plan, vision plan, wellness program and critical illness insurance. JM sponsors a 401(k) plan which includes a sizeable company match. JM offers paid vacation and also provides paid sick and parental leave for eligible employees.
Additionally, Johns Manville provides basic life Insurance, short-term and long-term disability coverage, an employee assistance program, and business travel accident coverage. Supplemental life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment insurance are available as well. The company also offers a variety of tax saving accounts; health spending account, traditional flexible spending account, and a dependent care spending account. JM also offers a tuition reimbursement program for undergraduate and certain graduate programs.
Diversity & Inclusion
Johns Manville believes diversity and inclusion in our workplace is critical for the long-term success of our company. We are committed to retaining, developing and attracting a diverse workforce that fosters an inclusive work environment in which all employees are treated with dignity and respect. This is the right thing to do for our employees, our company and our communities. Our D&I council is composed of employees from locations across North American & Europe who meet regularly and work to promote and foster an environment of inclusion. Born from our D&I council is our network of employee resource groups (ERGs) that are focused on supporting diverse communities in the workplace. Review more about our diversity & inclusion initiatives on JM’s Career page.
Incumbent must be physically able to perform essential job functions. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.