POSTING NUMBER: C114-2324
Posting Date: August 1, 2023
Closing Date: Until Filled
POSITION: STEM Coach – (District-Wide)
REPORTS TO: Director of STEM
POSITION SUMMARY: The Districtwide STEM Coach facilitates the implementation and integration of science and technology in Pre-K–Grade 12 classrooms and collaborates with the STEM department in writing, evaluating and refining the PK- 12 Science and Technology curricula.
The Districtwide STEM Coach models effective instructional strategies using science and technology. The STEM Coach assists teachers in using technology meaningfully for assessing student learning, differentiating instruction, and providing rigorous, relevant, and engaging learning experiences for all students. In addition, the STEM Coach identifies specific ways teachers can integrate technology into their classrooms.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works collaboratively and communicates effectively with District leadership to evaluate, select, and implement technology-enhanced learning experiences addressing content standards and student technology/computer science standards
- Identifies technology integration competencies among instructional staff, in collaboration with school administrators, and delivers appropriate coaching, training, and resources to support the professional growth of individuals
- Keeps abreast and knowledgeable of digital age learning environment models, instructional strategies, and tools such as Google Workspace, necessary to effectively impact the instructional practices of the teachers
- Keeps abreast of the latest research in how technology use affects Pre-K – 12 students and ensures that this research is considered when making curricular decisions
- Coaches teachers in the design and implementation of science lessons and technology-enhanced learning experiences that help create students that are problem solvers, skilled communicators, innovative thinkers and informed and engaged citizens
- Facilitates district professional learning, working with teachers and administrators to refine their knowledge and skill in science and technology
- Provides feedback to teachers through classroom visits as part of a team and by assessing student engagement survey results
- Engages in continuous learning to deepen content and pedagogical knowledge in science and technology
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS/ABILITIES OF IDEAL CANDIDATE:
- Master’s degree in education and a minimum of five (5) years of successful teaching experience in Science
- Experience with integrating technology into instruction
- Understanding of adult learning and effective professional learning facilitation
- Deep knowledge of NGSS standards K-12
- Understanding of student-centered learning and research-based practices for improving teaching and learning
- Experience gathering data and monitoring progress toward learning goals
- Demonstrated ability to be work as part of a team in an educational setting
- Experience working with culturally, socially, and economically diverse student and family populations
CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: Appropriate grade level, Connecticut Science certification; Connecticut Educational Technology PreK-12 (047) preferred
SALARY AND TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Salary Grid: In accordance with the Hartford Federation of Teachers (HFT) contract - $47,464 - $104,837
UNION AFFILIATION: Hartford Federation of Teachers (HFT)
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: The screening process for highly qualified candidates is immediate and ongoing. Interested candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. To be considered, all internal and external applicants must fully complete a Hartford Public Schools’ online application, which includes the Educator’s Professional Inventory (EPI) assessment. All candidates must upload requested documents, including: cover letter, current resume, and three (3) letters of professional reference that were prepared within the last three years. To apply, please visit https://app.hirenimble.com/jobs/hartford and follow the appropriate link.
Hartford Public Schools (Hartford, Connecticut) is a diverse community of educators and approximately 18,000 students attending 39 distinctive magnet, community, and neighborhood schools, located in the capital city of Connecticut. We are committed to being a leader in innovative urban education, cultivating equity and excellence for all of our students, closing the opportunity gaps, and preparing students for life, college, career, and success.
HPS recruits and selects diverse professionals, who are committed to developing students’ individual, academic, social, and emotional capacities and growth within the classroom and beyond. Highly talented and qualified candidates with a passion for urban education, a commitment to our Hartford students, families, and community are strongly encouraged to apply immediately!
Why Should You Choose Hartford Public Schools?
Hartford Public Schools is seeking excellent candidates and wants to provide the best experience for you. We have put together a comprehensive package of benefits and incentives, including:
· Competitive salary
· Career growth opportunities
· Tuition reimbursement
· Rich health care plan
· Professional development
Diversity Among Us
Hartford Public Schools is a diverse community of scholars and educators. Among our 18,000 students, there are 90 languages spoken; 22% of our student population are English Learners. Over 85% of the population are students of color. At Hartford Public Schools, we are well above the national average for diverse teachers and administrators. Among our teachers and administrators, 27% and 47%, respectively, identify as people of color.
Hartford is the Place for You
The state of Connecticut is seated on the northeastern seaboard. Hartford is within an hour’s drive of the coastline and is centrally located between New York City and Boston. Hartford is one of America’s oldest and most historic cities, made up of 17 unique neighborhoods rich in history and diversity. It is commonly known as the “insurance capital” due to its prominence beginning in the 19th century as home to many of the most prestigious insurance companies in the U.S., many of which still call Hartford home today. The city features world-class museums, entertainment, and sports venues and is home to several major companies. An array of restaurants reflecting cuisines from all over the world attract people from far and wide, and more than 200 arts, heritage, and cultural organizations in the Hartford region provide hundreds of events year-round. In addition, several universities and colleges are in Hartford and the surrounding towns, allowing easy access to advanced degree programs.
An Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, M/F/V/D