Dual Credit Instructor
Please note: To be considered for a Dual Credit position, instructors must currently be employed by a school district within the Rock Valley College Community College District (District 511), which includes the following communities: Belvidere, Blaine, Byron, Caledonia, Capron, Cherry Valley, Davis Junction, Durand, Garden Prairie, Harrison, Hunter, Loves Park, Machesney Park, Monroe Center, Morristown, New Milford, Oregon, Pecatonica, Poplar Grove, Rockford, Rockton, Roscoe, Seward, Shirland, South Beloit, Stillman Valley, and Winnebago.
Instructors interested in applying to be a Dual Credit Instructor should reach out to their employer and must meet the minimum qualifications under the Dual Credit Quality Act.Minimum Qualifications:
- Minimum qualifications to teach per IL Dual Credit Quality Act, Illinois Community College Board (ICCB) Administrative Code, and the Higher Learning Commission (HLC):
- For instructors teaching transfer courses (1.1 PCS (in the ICCB Program Classification System)), these qualifications shall include a minimum of a master's degree within the discipline or any master's degree with 18 graduate hours appropriate to the academic field of study or in the discipline in which the instructors will be teaching.
- For instructors teaching career and technical education (1.2 PCS) courses, these qualifications shall include 2,000 hours of work experience and appropriate recognizable credentials and demonstrated teaching competencies appropriate to the field of instruction.
- Please upload all transcripts, certifications, and endorsements
- RVC must be able to confirm 2000 hours of industry work experience in the area being applied to teach. For instance, if you are applying to teach a Computer Networking class and were employed as a technician, the application reviewers would like to know what percentage of your day was spent specifically on networking duties. Please provide this information accurately and completely on the work experience section of the application.