Medical Assistant Adjunct
Rock Valley College seeks an Adjunct faculty member to teach in the newly developed AAS Medical Assistant Program. This position will be required to have the ability to teach classes to fulfill program requirements. Candidates must exhibit an effective teaching style that supports a diverse student body.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Successful candidates will demonstrate a commitment to education and a willingness to teach a range of courses within the Medical Assistant Program. The instructor is responsible for preparing and delivering instruction for 21st century learners and assessing student learning outcomes as appropriate to ensure academic quality. The candidate will be an engaged learning facilitator/instructor who will utilize a range of teaching and learning strategies to foster active learning and student success, which contributes to the fulfillment of the College’s strategic goals. Successful candidates are expected to participate in activities that contribute to the success of students.
- Associate Degree; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Be credentialed in good standing in medical assisting, Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- Worked at least 5 years in a healthcare facility, including a minimum of 160 hours in an ambulatory care.
- Proficient in instructing, curriculum design, evaluation, program planning.
- Ability to stand and lecture for extended periods.
- Instruction in educational theory and techniques
- One year teaching experience in post secondary and/or vocational/technical education
- Commitment to the success of the Medical Assistant program.
Description of Job Duty
- Prepare and teach select Medical Assistant courses as needed.
- Assess and evaluate student success in courses taught, assigning grades.
- Attendance to department meetings is welcomed and encouraged to:
- Assist program coordinator in curriculum review, meeting MAERB curriculum requirements.
- Work with the Medical Assistant Program Coordinator to provide institutional, program, and course student learning outcomes that meet CAAHEP Standards and Guidelines for Medical Assisting Programs.
- Collaborate with Program Coordinator for course(s) & program improvement.
Rock Valley College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and any reasonable and timely accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act will be made upon documented request by the employee.