Non-Credit Instructor - Technical Trainer
Job SummaryThe MEP non-credit technical instructor position provides quality instruction and maintains a positive learning environment in the classroom, with major emphasis placed on teaching, supporting, and evaluating students. The role provides instruction and monitors teaching/learning effectiveness in courses assigned by the MEP Operations team. The incumbent must exhibit strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask while engaging individuals and large groups of people with complicated material.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Instruction & Student Learning
- Facilitates the learning of courses as scheduled. Where applicable, conducts individual student technical assessments. Develops and documents individual development plans.
- Conducts instructor-facilitated, competency-based manufacturing-related technical pieces of training. Analyzes and forecasts student progress and adjusts plans of study accordingly.
- Maintains attendance records, determines and submits progress reports timely, and in accordance with established policies and procedures of the MEP, and communicates progress feedback as well as other relevant information to students and MEP Operations team throughout the learners term.
- Engages in periodic meetings with the department, Technical Training Coordinator, MEP Project Manager, and Supervisor relative to teaching duties and professional development..
Student Engagement & Advisement
- Creates a positive classroom atmosphere that encourages active and collaborative learning, student effort, academic challenge, student and faculty interaction, and support for learners.
- Uses technology to assist in communication with students. Encourages a sense of community among students for learning both inside and outside the classroom.
- Refers students to appropriate student and academic support services available at the College or in the community.
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Helps to ensure the College meets its responsibilities in identifying areas of opportunity and systemic concerns while reporting complaints alleging discrimination.
- Creates a welcoming, inclusive, equitable and productive work and learning environment where all students, faculty members, and college employees feel valued and are able to contribute to their full potential, regardless of their differences. Ensures accessible and inclusive curriculum design and teaching strategies, and specifically promotes, advises, and supports curriculum development aimed at creating a diverse and equitable learning environment.
- Fosters and maintains a safe environment of respect and inclusion for faculty, staff, students, and members of the community.
- Associate's of Applied Science (AAS) in Electronics, Electro-Mechanical Engineering technology, or a closely related field.
- Five (5) years of professional experience in manufacturing or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Additional License Requirements:
- State Motor Vehicle License or demonstrable ability to gain access to work site(s).
CSCC has the right to revise this position description at any time. This position description does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
Full Time/Part Time:Part time
Union (If Applicable):
In order to ensure your application is complete, you must complete the following:
- Please ensure you have all the necessary documents available when starting the application process. For all faculty positions (Instructor, Annually Contracted Faculty, and Adjunct), you will need to upload an unofficial copy of your transcript when completing your aplication.
- Prior to submitting your application, please review and update (if necessary) the information in your candidate profile as it will transfer to your application.
If you are a current employee of Columbus State Community College, please log in to Workday to use the internal application process.
Thank you for your interest in positions at Columbus State Community College. Once you have applied, the most updated information on the status of your application can be found by visiting your Candidate Home. Please view your submitted applications by logging in and reviewing your status.